About the Sunshine Blogger Award
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given by bloggers to fellow bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog to this post
- Answer the eleven questions asked by your nominator
- Nominate eleven bloggers
- Ask them eleven questions, different to the ones you’ve answered
- List the rules
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and blog site
Thank you, Sarah, for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I didn’t really expect to get nominated for any award, and I don’t particularly consider myself to be a sun that’s shining, but I’ll take it!
Update: Sophie also nominated me! So I’ll answer both 11 questions in the same post. Thank you so much for nominating me again, Sophie!!
My answers to Sarah’s questions:
- What sort of a feminist are you?
I wouldn’t call myself an active feminist at the moment. I support feminism but haven’t taken an active part in anything.
- What’s your top tip for a new blogger?
Write about something that you love or something that you really feel the need to write about. Make sure that you have fun and stick to yourself. Just be yourself, is my main tip!
- Dogs or cats?
CATS. 100%. I mean, I’m gay… lesbians love cats, duh.
- How do you give back to others?
I help people whenever I can by listening and understanding and by simply being there, I guess. I hope I make life a little bit brighter for some even if my own light goes out every now and then.
- What’s the thing that you love but lots of people hate?
Mhm… I don’t think lots of people hate this, but a lot of my friends seem to dislike sport and exercise while I LOVE playing sports.
- What are your top three books?
1. Pages for you by Sylvia Brownrigg
2. A Long Way Gone by Ishmael Beah
3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- What are you grateful for today?
Still being alive.
- What song will be played at your funeral?
I have no idea. I hope it will be a song by Troye Sivan. Any, really.
- Where would you like to go on a city break?
Somewhere in Greece. Or Rome, perhaps.
- If you could add one thing onto the school curriculum, what would it be?
Classes on mental health
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
It doesn’t matter how it goes, what matters is that you try.
My answers to Sophie’s questions:
1. What made you start blogging?
I felt the need to express my feelings and struggled to do this in life, so I thought blogging might help me, and then if people I knew would read it, it might help me.
2. If you had to move to another country which country would you move to?
I’m from the Netherlands but lived in Wales for the past three years. I’m about to move to Scotland. So does it count if I say living in the UK? Although, I’m not sure if I would want to live here for the rest of my life. I don’t really know to be honest. It’s actually quite hard to settle in another country because they have different customs and habits etc.
3. What’s your ideal first date?
Do something cute like walking through a pretty forest, go home and sit on the bed and chat, hold hands, come closer, have a tickle fight.
4. Would you rather be rich and unhappy or poor and happy?
Poor and Happy
5. What’s the meaning of life?
I try not to think about this.
6. What has blogging taught you?
Having a schedule and being consistent is good. Writing inspires other new writing.
7. If you had three wishes what would you wish for?
- I wish my parents would understand depression
- I wish I didn’t suffer from suicidal thoughts or dissociation
- I wish I didn’t have to lose the people most dear to me
8. If you could give yourself a superpower what would it be?
9. If you could change one thing in the world, what would you change?
Even out poverty and wealth – stop closing the borders for people that weren’t born in the right continent.
10. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Not a single clue.
11. Who inspires you?
Certain books inspire me, like Pages for you by Sylvia Brownrigg. And Troye Sivan inspires me.
- If one song could describe you, which one would it be?
- What is your favourite thing to do in the world?
- Do you believe it is possible to have just one best friend?
- What about people do you enjoy the most?
- Do you think everyone should go to university?
- Do you want Brexit to happen?
- Why do you think blogging is important? Or do you think it’s not?
- If you were to play rock, paper, scissors, would you choose rock, paper or scissors?
- Wizard or Millionaire?
- Do you speak any other language than English?
- What do you expect to get out of blogging?
I’m sorry, but I don’t know a lot of people so I’m not sure how to get to 11. Of course, if you are tagged, you don’t have to do this, but you’ve all inspired me with one of your posts before so it seemed fitting that I’d tag you for this award.